911 3.0 Lightweight. First registered 15/10/1982 and supplied new by Swinford Motors who were the official Stourbridge Porsche Dealer at the time. Finished in Pale Ivory, a most unique and exceptionally well presented car. Commissioned by an genuine enthusiast with the build executed to absolute perfection creating one of the most special 911’s we’ve had the pleasure of driving. Weighing in at 1000Kg, structurally, mechanically and cosmetically delightful. A concept and a project oft attempted but rarely to this standard with costs including parts and associated labour totalling approaching £100,000.
Supplied with a highly detailed and invoice supported service history incorporating x2 service books (the orignal one being fully stamped), copious receipts and magazine articles showcasing the car. The focus here has been on absolute quality and craftsmanship with seemingly little or no regard for cost.
So what’s been done ?
- Engine rebuild
- Gearbox rebuild
- Full SSI exhaust system with stainless steel rear silencer and heat exchangers
- Full bodywork restoration and respray in Ivory
- Carbon Fibre front wings
- Composite lightweight doors
- Composite engine lid
- Composite roof assembly following sunroof delete
- Replacement roof lining in black (Southbound)
- Composite bumpers (front & rear)
- Composite bonnet
- Polycarbonate windows (rear, rear quarter, front quarter and drop glass)
- Fully adjustable bolt-in Heigo roll cage
- Alloy front strut brace
- Recaro Competition bucket seats in Brown leather
- 4 point race harnesses to both driver and passenger seats
- Rear seat delete
- Lightweight carpet set supplied and fitted by Southbound
- Lightweight sound proofing
- 917 Style wooden gear selector
- Stereo delete with appropriate blanking plate
- Momo steering wheel
- RS type door cards, leather door pulls and manual window winders
- Uprated Front braking system (calipers and discs)
- Braided brake lines
- Full suspension refresh (Bilstein dampers) replacement anti-roll bar bushes. Corner weighted and full geo set-up
- Lightweight wiring loom
- Bi Xenon projector style light unit with Hella lenses
- Lightweight rear light housing
- 16″ deep dish Fuch style wheels
- Drilled door handles
- Lightweight engine cover grille
- Bonnet and engine badge delete (now stickers)
- Engine lid / bonnet rams removed and replaced with lightweight stays.
Not an exhaustive list but it certainly paints a picture. Despite much having been done the car is so much more than the some total of its parts. Rarely is a 911 of this vintage so agile and capable. The ultimate sense of theatre. Up there with our favourite cars over the past 3 or so decades. It’s that good. Think mindblowing then ramp it up a notch.