911 Carrera 3.0 5 speed manual transmission. First registered 01/05/1977. Finished in Guards Red with Black leatherette / pinstripe seats. Supplied new by Gordon Lamb the then official Porsche Dealership for Chesterfield. Original dealer stamped service book and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity accompany a voluminous service history file starting with handwritten invoices from 1978 through until the most recent works carried out in December 2020. The history file, a few inches thick, also includes historic MOT certifcates and confirmation of both an engine rebuild (bottom and top end) and gearbox rebuild at 102,683 and 97,151 miles respectively.
The Carrera 3.0 was a comparatively rare car with only 3687 units produced worldwide between 1975 and 1977. By comparison and illustration some 58,000 3.0 SC’s and 76,500 3.2 Carrera’s were manufactured worldwide.
The Carrera 3.0 offers comparable performance to the famed 2.7RS a shares it’s lighter 6 bolt flywheel and crankshaft. More free revving and ‘peppy’ that the 3.0 SC that replaced it. Consequently, a well sorted and structurally sound Carrera 3.0 makes for something quite special and this car is very much that.
- 15″ fuch wheels with recent n’rated tyres
- non-sport (front and rear spoiler delete)
- chrome window surrounds and chrome headlight rings
- original Blaupunkt radio headunit
- original three spoke steering wheel
- original 1977 factory stamped seats professionally retrimmed in the correct pinstripe / black leatherette material originally ordered from the factory.
- rear wiper
- Carrera script side decals
- electric windows
- electric drivers mirror
- alarm / immobiliser security
- original factory compressor and carry case
- original toolkit and jack
Having worked on the car recently, Steve Winter of Jaz Porsche, a previous Carrera3 owner and model aficionado himself echoed our critique here. In short, it’s up there with the best of them. Purchased directly from the previous owner who acquired the car himself in the Spring of 2017. Comfortably one of the better examples of its’ type and the most joyous of drives……such a strong engine !